[lbo-talk] Sellout Scumbag Bites the Dust

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 19:26:20 PDT 2003

Top Stories - AP

Director-Writer Elia Kazan Dies at 94 42 minutes ago Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

. . . To some, Kazan diminished his stature when he went before the House Committee on Un-American Activities during the McCarthy era and named people he said had been members of the Communist Party with him in the mid-1930s.

But he insisted years later that he bore no guilt as a result of what some saw as a betrayal. "There's a normal sadness about hurting people, but I'd rather hurt them a little than hurt myself a lot," he said.