[lbo-talk] good news! more job declines coming!!

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 13:47:55 PDT 2003

This is what happened in Chicago on March 20. A handful of cops initially deployed to the demo at the Federal Center were overwhelmed when 15,000 people, including yours truly, espouza, and daughter more or less spontaeneously and without any planning that I have heard about, flowed over or around their barricades and took over Lake Shore Drive. They freaked out, called in cops from all over the city, bottled us up on Chicago Ave (keeping us away from Michigan Ave., the main shopping drag), and starting busting people (500-800 of them) and heads. Every antiwar demo afterwards they currounded with thousands of riot police in full Robocop gear. There is a big police brutality lawsuit about their misconduct. jks