[lbo-talk] Boycott Fox News & Gateway

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Sep 30 17:50:40 PDT 2003

Nathan Newman wrote:
> Just BTW boycott Gateway because they make lousy computers and have lying
> deceitful customer service representatives-- within a year of buying a
> laptop, I had four (4) complete and total breakdowns of my computer. I had
> paid for on-site computer repair, but was told afterward that despite
> selling me the on-site repair insurance, it did not apply to laptops. So I
> lost literally months of use of the computer while waiting for it to be
> repaired until finally giving up after the last breakdown.
>
> Nothing political-- just one more reason to piss on Gateway along with their
> sponsoring of Fox News.
>
> -- Nathan Newman

I've had the same Gateway computer for 5 years and it has been a reliable workhorse. But I still think boycotting Gateway is a good idea because they advertise heavily on the Fox News channel.

So, Nathan, will you and Max and everybody else here who runs a blog, mention this boycott?

Chuck0

BOYCOTT LIST

The following companies advertise their products and services on the Fox News Channel.

Please feel free to forward this list to email lists.

Version 1.0 / Last updated: September 30, 2003

Primary advertisers

Earthlink Gateway Computers Honda Shell Petroleum

Other advertisers

Adobe American Express AMEX AstraZeneca Avaya American Red Cross Ameriquest Mortgage Bayer Bristol-Meyers Squibb Circuit City Direct TV Edward Jones Investments ELoan.com Ensure Evergreen Investments Farmers Insurance GlaxoSmithKline IBM Johnson and Johnson Inc. (Aveeno) MCI Mens Wearhouse Microsoft Olay Procter & Gamble (Swiffer) Suburu Time Warner Cable Toyota Verizon Wireless Walgreens WebMD Xerox XM Satellite Radio