[lbo-talk] Re: Air America

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Thu Apr 1 06:38:23 PST 2004

>This one just impinged on my consciousness. Does anyone else think that
>it betrays (at the very least) a certain lack of attention to detail that
>Al Franken & Co have decided to name their radio station after the CIA's
"airline"
>cum-drugs-smuggling-operation in Southeast Asia?
>
>dd

Oh. I thought it was referring to the movie that was referring to the Company's company. It was kind of like The Quiet American meets Airplane. If I recall correctly, the opening scene shows an elderly peasant going about his business, interrupted by the noise of some (presumably) U.S. aircraft going by at high altitude. He shrugs, takes his ancient rifle, shoots it, and then goes back to what he's doing, not bothering to look up as it founders and crashes. Am I giving Franken and them too much credit?

Jenny Brown