[lbo-talk] Kerry's Tax Cut Makes Me Wanna Ralph

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 1 08:04:47 PST 2004

Why not, indeed? Why not a serious and sharply progressive wealth tax on individuals, kicking in at an appropriate level (i.e., somewhere above what I own)? One could then even embrace a (low) flat tax on income and a zero corporate tax. (Some numbers on this were run a decade ago in a book by Ralph Estes.) --CGE