[lbo-talk] Re: My thoughts on Tom Frank's article in Harper's

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 2 09:37:47 PST 2004

Dear List:

John Lacny wrote:

> The MAJORITY of white voters -- including a majority of white women (despite the "gender gap") and a majority of white workers -- voted for Bush. The reason for that is complicated and simple and obvious, all at the same time, and it can be summed up in one word: racism.

Gore Vidal once wrote that the person who wins the presidency is the one who a) spends the most money; and b) makes the most subtle and effective racist appeal to voters.

Sadly, Bush wims in both categories. Kerry, targeting swing voters will actually have to appear more racist than Bush to counteract the impression that he is a liberal Negro lover. If he only had the guts to name a black man as running mate.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister