[lbo-talk] RE: diversity of Gender expression

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Apr 2 10:39:51 PST 2004

> http://www.antioch-college.edu/Community/survival_guide/campus_resources/sopsap.htm
> This essay appeared in the Journal of Social Philosophy 28:1 (1997):
> 22-36. It was reprinted in my The Philosophy of Sex, 4th edition (Rowman
> and Littlefield, 2002), pp. 323-40. (Project funded by the Research
> Support Scheme of the Central European University.)
>
> Antioch's "Sexual Offense Policy":

How neoliberal. Speaking as an Antioch alum who was there when the sexual offense policy was created, the specific function of the codes is to give victims a margin of protection from their assailants, not to prematurely judge anyone about anything. (There's still a formal investigation process, etc.) That is, the policies are just a small part of a larger infrastructure of community forums, empowerment sessions, activist identity-politics, etc.

-- DRR