[lbo-talk] Kerry's Tax Cut Makes Me Wanna Ralph

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Apr 2 14:26:16 PST 2004

Charles Brown wrote:

>CB: It just seems that the business press might be covering up rather than
>uncovering and reporting collusion among monopoly corporations , especially
>since much of the business press is owned by monopoly corporations.

Do you read the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, or the Financial Times? They're frequently bracingly honest. (I'm deliberately excluding The Economist and Forbes, which are more blatantly ideological.) They're written for people who want to know what's going on in their world. WSJ readers can dream on the edit page, but the front page is completely different territory. I learn more by reading those three pubs than from the entire "progressive" press, which to paraphrase Alexander Cockburn on C.L. Sulzberger, operates mainly by firing dense volleys of cliche into the preconceptions of its readers.

Doug