[lbo-talk] Paul Felton: Open Letter to Progressive Democrats

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:08:22 PST 2004

Dennis said:

>Apologies for the overposting, but the above is pure, rancid horseshit.
>I've
>known Doug for years, and have on occasion worked with him (in my FAIR
>days), and he is hardly a "free rider." His contributions are invaluable,

Hear, hear! Couldn't be better said!

Now: onto the tough-but-bracing part . . . .

>and anyone with any true feeling for an alternative society would not make
>such a rank and stupid statement.

Oh, I don't know. I've known you to get obnoxious at times. Like now. Does that disqualify your no-doubt-singular-true-feeling-for-an-alternative society?

>Doug has reached far, far more people than
>you Yoshie.

Doug's certainly more widely distributed in the popular press. Don't know of any books by Yoshie that made it to Chapters. How's her organizing going? You know? Or just guessing?

>You are clearly a very bitter, angry and confused person.

And you are clearly a very bitter, angry, and vengeful person. Picking on Yoshie seems to be a favourite past-time of yours. Did a Yoshie lookalike overturn your baby-carriage when you were small or something?

>If anyone's hitching a free ride, it's you.

"Free ride." How apropos. I've watched you ride freely on Yoshie's ass for so long I'm tempted to take your initials as "Displaced Pimple."

Leaving aside Yoshie's outrageious comments and strange intensity for the past little while (and whatever's causing it), I'm getting sick of your jumping on her with shit-stupid comments like:

<snip>

>Yoshie is either out of her mind, or simply bitter. Based on her posts, I
>don't know why anyone >would want to live in her idea of a Just Society,
>assuming she has one.

Why don't you try at least insulting her in the first person? Or providing a good critique? Too much for you, O-Self-Appointed-Friend-of-the-Common-Man?

Todd

PS: Just for the record, to make sure you don't come back with another fuckheaded comment like I'm a Yoshiebot clone or something equally ridiculous: I favour Kerry getting in, knowing full well what the limitations are for his type of government. The arguments I've seen in favour of voting Kerry sway me far more than for voting a third party in times of crisis such as the US (and the US "Left") is facing in this presidential election; I'm a Canadian and an Ontarian: third-party splitting of the vote on the left side of the political spectrum gave us another term of the lovely Ontario Conservatives a few years back under "Chainsaw" Mike Harris and his regressive, knuckle-dragging social policies (and at least HE wasn't some born-again asshole with God whispering in his ear). If something like that were to threaten to happen again, I'd vote Liberal (our Dumbocrats) with a clear conscience unless our (not very) "left" party, the NDP, made an unbelievably good showing (and I doubt they could). Already I'm starting to get election willies because the old federal Conservatives were hijacked by the "Northern Republicans", the Canadian Alliance aka Reform Party; these bastards take their LESSONS from BushCo. And their new leader's one slick Bay Street motherfucker. Our system of voting makes it almost impossible (without a massive change in social consciousness on the part of the Canadian electorate) for a third-party win. Living in the most conservative riding in Canada doesn't make things any easier; I'm considering whether or not it would be prudent on my part to vote Liberal just to hope others in the riding vote Lib out of fear of the Reformers, also hoping more ridings vote more to the left out of disgust with the Libs.

Crap. Lots of verbiage. Anger does this to me. Well, there you go. Attack Yoshie if you want, but do it INTELLIGENTLY. Got it?

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines