[lbo-talk] RE: Kerry's tax cuts

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Apr 2 20:26:24 PST 2004

Doug writes: "Do you read the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, or the Financial Times? They're frequently bracingly honest. (I'm deliberately excluding The Economist and Forbes, which are more blatantly ideological.) They're written for people who want to know what's going on in their world. WSJ readers can dream on the edit page, but the front page is completely different territory."

Absolutely.

"I learn more by reading those three pubs than from the entire "progressive" press, which ... operates mainly by firing dense volleys of cliche into the preconceptions of its readers."

Not bad.

Joanna