[lbo-talk] RE: gender diversity

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Sat Apr 3 08:50:43 PST 2004

At 11:15 AM 4/3/2004, That*&%#*#RogersWoman wrote:

>Exactly. Once you put the individual in the "box" you have
>disallowed their potential to move beyond the point they are at.
>Some will choose to stay, but others will choose to move on.
>Limiting that ability is not liberating.

well, I can't resist. More lyrics from Imperial Teen! (Roddy Bottum, Faith No More)-They're dealing with this scene:

BLAMING THE BABY <...> put me in a box and make love to my skeleton we can snuff my soul and smoke after we're through

We haven't had Max's Musical Interludes in a while! More:

IMPERIAL TEEN

so sick then take medicine i'm up to my neck in party favors, pesticides, and pills the water is broken the rash is outspoken and i can smell the fever in the dark

can't go back, can't go straight can't turn, can't cross the bridge i've yet to burn imperial teen

the lepers are fixing the hawk bit the chicken killing boys but giving birth to men so you're the new messiah i think you should retire i'm a fan of liberace too <...>

BUTCH

you ate your heart out i'd eat it too it burns and blisters you want it to i never swallow i chew i chew the darker berry spit back at you

you can't take what i won't mean it

<you've got to hear them sing it to appreciate the poetry>

makes them quiet when you scream it he was a troubled teen he read a magazine the prince wants to be a queen suddenly

the gun was loaded it never came i pulled the trigger ignored the stain tying the knot tightens the strain and death is worth the price of fame

you can't take what i won't mean it takes too long to hear you scream it he was a troubled teen he read a magazine the prince wants to be a queen honestly

butch is pink and butch is blue you like strawberries and i like you pop the question i do i do you like strawberries and i like you

i'd wear your dress i'd burn it too don't baby baby i'll baby you i double meant it you double knew the double pleasure i took from you <...>

And....

YOU'RE ONE

(you're one you're one) it's with you i wanna be (you're one you're one) peace and love and empathy (you're one you're one) tie me off i wanna be (you're one you're one) shooting up the enemy shooting up the enemy yeah

we played a show and no one came we played and played it just the same if there's no ears then there's no sound if there's no tree then there's no ground

<chorus>

that crown of thorns you wear it well you bought it cheap it's time to sell you say you're sick from altitude a crown's a crown what can you do?

you take it like a man boy you take it like a man boy...

<chorus>

i'd pump your stomach if i thought it'd stop the pain your doctor bought forever now forever then ignore the flower feed the stem

you take it like a man boy you take it like a man boy... you kiss me like a man boy you kiss me like a man boy...