[lbo-talk] Re: gender diversity

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Apr 3 17:27:33 PST 2004

joanna bujes wrote:

>>OK, I understand that we're grownups now and can see shades of gray. The question that remains is whether role playing, or lesbians trying out a multiplicity of roles, is liberating.
>>

>Why, from a political perspective, should we wish to ask or answer this question? It seems to me that, viewed politically, it is a question which is none of our business. Do you want leftist organizations to forbid "non-liberating" private practices of their members? Do you want the state to forbid such practices on the part of citizens?

Of course not. First, it seems to me that we discuss all kinds of stuff on LBO; we're not limited to political topics or political perspectives on topics. Second, just because I say that a practice isn't liberating (and according to Kelly no one said it was) doesn't mean that I want to restrict it, ban it, fine it, jail it, etc.

Joanna