[lbo-talk] Re: Paul Felton: Open Letter to Progressive Democrats

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Apr 4 07:58:38 PDT 2004

Brian Charles Dauth wrote:

> But the questions I raised in my post are still on the table, most
> importantly to me: "How does one justify entering a competition one has no
> hope of winning, but whose outcome one can influence toward the terrifying
> (the election of a racist reactionary like Bush)?"

1. I'm tending to the view that both Yoshie and I should forget the election for a month or two and explore more interesting questions, but one does tend to scratch an itch.

2. The election of Bush is not terrifying. The continued absence of a strong left movement independently of the electoral process _is_ terrifying.

Carrol