[lbo-talk] RE: USA Dumb and Dumber

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Apr 4 10:08:53 PDT 2004

"There are some wise thoughts on religion in this NY Times interview today with Karen Armstrong, whom I always find a very interesting writer even when I don't understand what she's talking about: <http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/04/magazine/04QUESTIONS.html>

Carl"

Hey thanks. She's right on. My favorite was "I am not interested in the afterlife. Religion is supposed to be about losing your ego, not preserving it eternally in optimum conditions." And the bit about compassion was right on too.

Joanna