[lbo-talk] America, dumb and dumber

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Apr 4 13:32:54 PDT 2004

N P Childs wrote:

> Sorry, I just don't see this, and to be brutally honest if you want to know why
> the left gets marginalized, it's saying things like this. When Falwell, Reed
> etc. talk about banning atheists, Catholics, Jews, agnostics, or even those who
> like a secular state, from positions of authority or appearing in the media
> we're rightly all over them as intolerant dicks cloaking themselves with the
> church. I don't see this as being qualitatively different no matter how good the
> intent.

Sorry, but I'm going to be brutally honest about the fact that religion sucks. I'm tired of seeing it everywhere. I'm tired of dealing with the ignorance it promotes. I'm sick of seeing bad parenting based on religious nonsense. I'm tired of wasting my time fighting the religious right and other moralistic busybodies.

I grew up in a fundamentalist family, so I trust my gut instincts when it comes to religion.

I'm tired of being nice to religious people, including leftist religious folks. You want to believe in stupid nonsense, I'm going to criticize you on it.

And calling me intolerant is like calling a black person racist. I've had a lifetime of being on the receiving end of religious intolerance.

Burn down the churches,

Chuck0