[lbo-talk] America, dumb and dumber

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 4 16:10:59 PDT 2004

At 04/04/2004,, you wrote:
>Sorry, but I'm going to be brutally honest about the fact that religion
>sucks. I'm tired of seeing it everywhere. I'm tired of dealing with the
>ignorance it promotes. I'm sick of seeing bad parenting based on
>religious nonsense. I'm tired of wasting my time fighting the religious
>right and other moralistic busybodies.

So am I, so are a lot of people. For a lot of people religion is its own worst argument.

>I grew up in a fundamentalist family, so I trust my gut instincts when
>it comes to religion.
>I'm tired of being nice to religious people, including leftist religious
>folks. You want to believe in stupid nonsense, I'm going to criticize
>you on it.

I don't blame you for trusting your gut instincts. That being said, care to tell me want 'stupid nonsense' I believe. Seeing as you have no fucking clue what religion, if any, I consider myself to be an adherent of I'm genuinely curious.

>And calling me intolerant is like calling a black person racist. I've
>had a lifetime of being on the receiving end of religious intolerance.

Right, there are no black bigots. Being on the receiving end of intolerance doesn't ennoble all violence against it.

>Burn down the churches,

Yeah, that'll work, especially if you make sure the congregations are in them first.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo