[lbo-talk] Re: lbo-talk Digest, Vol 4, Issue 40

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 5 09:38:27 PDT 2004

Brad Mayer wrote:

>"He blames U.S. imperialism more than Israeli influence"
>
>Is there a dimes' worth of difference between the two in the Middle
>East?

Your foregrounding of Israeli "influence" is, you know, icky. It's too close to the Counterpunch line - that Israel and a small group of rich American Jews have hijacked U.S. policy against our national interests - which is too close to classic anti-Semitic discourse for my taste. The U.S. doesn't need lessons in imperial brutality from anyone.

Doug