[lbo-talk] McDonald's: Honey! I Shrunk the Americans!

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Mon Apr 5 09:57:45 PDT 2004

What a bizarre but expected title for this article! "Americans shrinking as junk food takes its toll"

This shrinkage has other possible explanations, more junk food probably only explains a fraction of the variation, but hey! Wotever! We need a headline that'll get some attention! (*grumble* *grumble* about the use of the press release machine to distribute scientific findings...grrr)

Still, it's fodder for an LBO Angst Fest(ival), plus it has some stuff about other sources of malnourishment, poverty, etc., and OH MY GOD, the lack of protein that might be an issue! I'm waiting for when everyone cuts out all the fat, all the carbs and keels over from rabbit disease. =:o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1185457,00.html