[lbo-talk] Disinfopedia, wikis (was Isikoff Goes afer Saudis)

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 6 02:56:57 PDT 2004

Lance said:

> Then there's Wikipedia, but that is run by a right-wing "libertarian"
cabal which you shouldn't even really bother with - I > got them to change the definition of East Germany from "The DDR was a Communist satellite state of the former Soviet
> Union" to something slightly more neutral, but it's like pulling teeth,
the deck is stacked against you, and it's not even
> worth the effort.

I have to disagree about not bothering with Wikipedia; if I think something is just plain wrong there, I change it and explain why, or add a qualifier &/or alternative explanation. If it's verifiable no one can really touch it.

Seems to work.

regards,

Grant.