[lbo-talk] Sadr's popularity

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 07:54:59 PDT 2004

>From: Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com>
>
>On Tue, 2 Apr 2004 Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > Even 3,000 seriously pissed off people with weapons can cause a lot of
> > trouble. It seems nuts to dismiss them for their size
>
>Especially because their military component is not at all their biggest
>threat. The US's worst nightmare is huge violent rock-throwing crowds.
>It has no military answer to that at all.

We have come a long way -- from Shock & Awe to aw, shucks. But at the least the US has proved conclusively that it is impossible to liberate a people and wage war on them at the same time.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp