[lbo-talk] one dimensional... (was Moment of the 'NecessaryBloodbath'has arrived?)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 7 08:43:52 PDT 2004

Stephen E Philion wrote:

> carrol wrote,
> NOTE: I didn't say you were stupid. I said you wrote a stupid post,
> which is quite different.
>
> --carrol, you're responding to something that doug said?

Yes: "I'm leaning towards the theory that Cde Mayer has some form of Tourette's syndrome." That kind of reply stops discussion by switching from the topic at issue to the (presumed) character/personality/morals of the opponent. I find such unpricipled disruption of argument both offensive and stupid. Doug is bright enough (and in this case obviously correct enough) that he has no need for such stupidity and offensiveness.

Carrol