[lbo-talk] Corp Media Insanity

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Apr 7 12:20:40 PDT 2004

I've spent the better part of this afternoon watching the cable news nets, something I rarely, if ever, do, and I don't know how any informed person can stand it. The relentless pro-state propaganda, the constant refrain that the US is always Right, always Good, no matter how much blood drips from its hands, is mindblowing to me. Maybe it's age, but I do not remember it being this bad when I was a media activist from the mid-80s through the mid-90s. Perhaps because I was immersed and thus conditioned to the chest-beating is why it seemed less offensive than it is now. But after a few hours of CNN, Fox, & MSNBC, I'm convinced that our information elite is seriously crazy -- and dangerous. Thank God for the Web.

DP -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040407/92fc025d/attachment.htm>