[lbo-talk] Iraq: How Do We Explain Imperialist Ineptitude?

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 19:22:08 PDT 2004

Dwayne said:

>Were the Romans this stupid about human nature?

Boudicca?

>Were the Brits?

Sepoy Rebellion?

Did the American occupations of Germany and Japan get hit by some level of resistance? Germany had many from the old Nazi regime back in power along with the invaders, but so far as I know they got along well enough.

<snip>
>Even so, despite all these advantages, I wonder how
>such a system as the US dominates can long survive
>reality challenged management.

Didn't Doug mention in Wall Street something along the lines that the big, older, money-saturated corps could soldier on, despite screw-ups, largely because they have money to burn (or imagine they do, with easy credit)? Maybe there's something to that vis-a-vis States and Iraq. At least until "something" (or several somethings) happens.

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Premium includes powerful parental controls and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines