[lbo-talk] Victory to Iraq!

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 9 06:56:30 PDT 2004

Brad Mayer:

> Here's some photos of the "antimoderns" slaughtered by DeWrongs'
> minions. How the other side glories in its bloody delirium!

It is one thing to disagree with Mr. DeLong's views, but blaming him for the atrocities committed by the US ruling class and their mercenaries over whom he (or, for that matter, anyone on this list) has no influence is way too farfetched.

I think this way of thinking is symptomatic, in a certain way, of the "kicking the dog" mindset of large portions of the Left in this country. They are so marginalized and so removed from having any real political influence whatsoever that they settle for attacking those targets that are within their minimal reach- like kicking the family dog to "get even" with the boss at work. Never mind that these targets are those somewhat sympathetic for their cause. If the real enemy is well outside the reach - let's find an 'enemy within' and destroy him, since nothing boost the morale of the defeated troops like kicking ass, any ass. That is indeed a sure sign of weakness.

Wojtek