[lbo-talk] "What do you mean, 'we'?"

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Apr 9 07:11:16 PDT 2004

Listened to the BBC reporting about Iraq this morning, on the local NPR station. They kept talking about the "Americans" doing this or that. Hey, I thought you Brits were in this with us! (Well, probably not the BBC, anyway.)

Reminds me of the old joke about the Lone Ranger and Tonto. The LR: "Hey, Keemosabay, we're surrounded by Indians." Tonto: "What do you mean, 'we,' white man?"

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax