[lbo-talk] A uniter, not a divider

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Fri Apr 9 20:30:05 PDT 2004

Miles Jackson wrote:
> Well, I've been spared any local political debate between
> the Naderites and the anybody-but-Shrub crowd: Ralph
> didn't get enough sigs to qualify for the general ballot in
> Oregon. Wonder how this will play out elsewhere.

Wow, I thought Oregon was one of the states he could make some real headway in.

You make an important point. He should have another month to go in Texas. By first reports, the Greens I know who are petitioning for their party, not Nader, encountered a fair amount hostility over Nader. There was a rumor, which I can't confirm, that he approached the Greens to do his petition drive here. He came through San Antonio in mid-March and made his pitch to the local college campuses then. This was the middle of spring break for most and after the primaries. There is about a two month stretch between the primaries and the petition deadline.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!