[lbo-talk] Re: Bush invaded Iraq because...

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Apr 12 14:35:58 PDT 2004

Doug writes:

> I have a hard time believing that the invasion of Iraq
> follows rational capitalist calculation.

I think it's easier to see it as the _end_ of something (i.e., the instability of -- and resulting hypocracy ... "we said he's bad, but not bad enough to do antyhing about it?" -- Iraq as a world oil player over the last 12 years) rather than the _start_ of something ("If we invade Iraq, then ...").

Viewed like that, I think it "makes more sense" (not that I agree, mind you) to stop that previous situation than to let it continue.

Don't forget, Iraq is now almost back to "full production" . . .

/jordan