[lbo-talk] Why Democrats Can't Blame Bush for 9/11

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 12 14:58:03 PDT 2004

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org, Mon Apr 12 14:38:46 PDT 2004:
>>L.A. Times Via kos:
>>"First, it means that based on the information available so far,
>>most Americans recoil from efforts to blame Bush for the attacks.
>>One leading Democratic interest group recently asked a focus group
>>in Florida to respond to a potential television ad accusing Bush of
>>negligence in failing to stop the attacks. The result was volcanic
>>-- against the ad. "They were so angry I thought they were going to
>>turn the tables over," said a Democratic operative who watched the
>>session. "It was a very polarizing ad, and it pushed people who
>>were on the fence decidedly away from us.""
>>http://dailykos.com/story/2004/4/12/154025/336
<snip>
>Defeating Bush should be a no-brainer given current events, but the
>Demo have moved so far to the right and are so chicken about their
>nominee that they won't take any risks.

I wonder what the form and content of the ad in question were like. Was the ad meant to be a new way to let Kerry run to the right of Bush, e.g., blaming Bush for being soft on border control and too mindful of civil liberties, unwilling to order preventive arrests of suspicious Arab men before 9.11.01? -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>