[lbo-talk] Why Democrats Can't Blame Bush for 9/11

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Mon Apr 12 15:59:51 PDT 2004

Nathan Newman wrote:
>So I think the American people have this one right. Don't play blame games
>for 911 itself-- have a real debate about what we should have done and need
>to do now to protect Americans from terrorism in the future.

-Oh, there's something so exasperating about American "niceness" -sometimes. Don't blame Bush, don't get too personal, let's be -constructive, let's not look back, etc. It makes me want to scream.

What "niceness"-- folks can be savage when they feel they can affix blame, but they really hate exploitation of tragedies for political purposes.

Which is why Bush is in great danger on Iraq. A lot of people are recognizing that he exploited the tragedy of 911 to push a war that had nothing to do with it. That's increasingly pissing off people.

I just got a letter back from a Republican friend of mine who just got back from Iraq. He's pissed off and voting Libertarian this year because of Bush's cynical war in Iraq.

Nathan