[lbo-talk] Bush invaded Iraq because..[lbo-talk] Bush invaded Iraq because...

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 12 18:42:42 PDT 2004

Sorry, but I debated this point many times in the 1980's, and I am not an apologist for U.S. policy, but WWII in the Asian theatre was not 'triggered' by an oil embargo.

It was triggered by Japan building an empire on the eastern Pacific Rim that made war with the U.S. as the competing hegemon inevitable. The attack on Pearl Harbor was the trigger for the U.S., the Japanese high command and military government knew war with the U.S. was coming sooner or later, oil embargo or not.

PC

At 12/04/2004,, you wrote:

>The last time the US went to war with Japan, the war triggered by its
>oil embargo, was it more efficient than the invasion and occupation
>of Iraq?
>--

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo