[lbo-talk] Re: About that Emma Goldman special on PBS last night...

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 08:55:54 PDT 2004

Chuck0 wrote;

"And it could have included more actual anarchists instead of celebrity artists who like to hang out with anarchists."

Yes, I agree. EL Doctorow, Andrei Codrescu . . . interesting choices of "experts" on Emma Goldman, no? Am I the only one who finds Codrescu extremely annoying? What is his claim to authority on Goldman? I know him best from his bizarre, stream of consciousness-type op-eds on NPR.

On the other hand, Paul Avrich [Anarchist Voices, Anarchist Portraits, Kronstadt 1921] and Richard Drinnon [ed. of Anarchism & Other Essays by Goldman] are credited as show advisers, and that's not too shabby.