[lbo-talk] Unsuccesful" Insurgencies: A Right Wing Blogger Shoots Himself In the Foot

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 13 12:57:57 PDT 2004

>hilarious.
>
><http://tacitus.org/story/2004/4/13/94026/2288>http://tacitus.org/story/2004/4/13/94026
>How do you know he's wrong already?

Maybe because he using the tried and true technique of right wing 'historians' with pretensions to god-like insight; selective use of history. Pull some examples that support your argument (whatever that is), ignore the ones that don't, hope your audience is too ignorant of history or blinkered by ideology to question your examples and claim to be citing objective history if a mere mortal/non-dittohead should dare question your erudite conclusions.

I'd like to suggest to this esteemed blogger that the most relevant insurgency he should be citing is the most recent one from that part of the world; Afghanistan. Of course that one ended oh, so well, didn't it?

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon