[lbo-talk] Re: Bush invaded Iraq because...

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Apr 13 13:57:49 PDT 2004

>>How does the US retain its allies?
>
> Its first world allies get a pretty good deal. They've got living
> standards as high as ours or higher, they need spend almost nothing
> on their own militaries, and the U.S. guarantees political and
> economic "stability." It's a classic case of hegemony, of voluntary
> submission to the order.

That submission is being withdrawn as we speak. The Euro/Asiabourgeoisie has found better things to do than subsidizing $auron, like investing in high-yield Skoda auto plants, and Chinese chip fabs. You know, stuff which actually yields a return.

I didn't think it would happen for another ten years, but then, deeply reactionary regimes can sometimes unwittingly accelerate the course of history.

-- DRR