[lbo-talk] A Calculated Provocation

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 14:34:13 PDT 2004

Michael Pugliese said:

>A couple of yrs. ago the Likud Tourism Minister, a real hardliner even in
>Likud terms was >assasinated.

Hmm. Not a regular occurence, I take it? The higher-ups too well guarded, while hoi polloi get blown to Kingdom Come . . . .

>The PFLP and PFLP-GC and DFLP, secular leftist groups have done a few
>suicide bombings but, as >they are much weaker numerically and
>comparatively w/ the Islamists, I would regard their >participation as
>more oppurtunistic than ideologically/tactically driven.

What's their idea behind the suicide bombings? Why do they do it? And why do you call their actions opportunism? I've always thought opportunism the term for switching one's side according to the bigger "payoff" one got.

>...I'm a Canadian...
>Cold Terror: How Canada Nurtures and Exports Terrorism to the World by
>Stewart Bell (Hardcover)
>Editorial Reviews
>From the Inside Flap
>A Turkish diplomat is gunned down in an Ottawa parking lot; a truck bomb
>destroys the business >district of the Sri Lankan capital Colombo; a plot
>to assassinate the Israeli prime minister is >uncovered in Jerusalem; a
>bomb destined for Los Angeles International Airport is found stashed in
> >the trunk of a car; an explosion levels a crowded nightclub in Indonesia.

>The common denominator? All were the work of Canadian-based terrorists.

Cheezit, Boys! It's da cops! Foist Afghanistan, den Iraq! 'Ey Paulie! We's next on Da Shrub's whackin' list! Gotta hop on da lam while da gettin's good!

Todd !{)>

PS: Michael, where's my reply to that letter I sent you? It was a very important letter wrt my impressionable youth . . . .

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines