[lbo-talk] Bush's 'Mur'ca

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 07:34:49 PDT 2004

Having viewed clips and heard soundbites from last night's press conference, I can see why W's handlers rarely push him toward a podium minus a script. The man is ignorant and defiant to the end, which is why, I think, he has a real shot at winning in November. Perhaps I'm being cynical, and I'm trying not to be, but I think the average 'Mur'can identifies with Bush's lack of polish, low intelligence, inability to complete a coherent sentence, and the nationalist arrogance that fuels whatever fire exists. He's their guy. I went to Tactius's blog this morn, a rightwing hangout but not an extreme one (compared to LGF, anyway), and while there is some mild concern for the way W expresses himself, they still think the guy's great, a true Moral Leader who speaks for the Real 'Mur'ca. And these are the (more or less) educated wingers. Imagine how well Bush is going over in humbler settings.

DP -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040414/42f1120b/attachment.htm>