[lbo-talk] Bush's 'Mur'ca

Christian Gregory christian11 at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 14 11:45:29 PDT 2004

>Within an hour or so of Bush's speech being history I
received an email from a conservative friend praising the President's performance (you know, I'm not sure if I can really call such people "conservative" any more since there doesn't seem to be a coherent political theory there).

He continues to capitalize on low expectations. He manages to stumble through a press conference without saying anything too ghastly, and he's lauded as boy wonder. He appears "brave" for taking pointed questions that he wouldn't have deigned to face 8 months ago because the campaign wasn't underway.

Meanwhile, has anyone heard John Kerry speak recenlty? I tuned into something he was doing last week in -- Wisconsin, was it? -- and was flabbergasted. Mountains of subordinate clauses. Periodic sentences. Does he have a point? I couldn't tell, and knew no Bubba would wait to find out. Someone needs to get to his handlers, pronto.

Christian