[lbo-talk] Re: Democrats' White America (Bush's White America)

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 14 16:25:33 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Yoshie wrote about the City Council of Charlottesville being black. My interest is in the Chief of Police who is white. It is he who instituted the racial profiling, not the City Council. For most whites in America, whether Republican, Democratic, Green, Libertarian or anarchist, when one black man commits a crime, all black men are suspects and have to prove their innocence.

This is the America that Bush plays to -- the one that needs an obvious enemy against which it can circle the wagons.

Also, (since this is my third for the day), I am confused by Gary's comment that he rejoices over inompetance in governemnt. Is incompetance something that progressives should struggle to manifest and achieve?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister