[lbo-talk] Kerry Heckled for Opposing Withdrawal of US Troops

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Apr 15 07:16:32 PDT 2004

Yoshie quoted:
> ***** Posted on Wed, Apr. 14, 2004
> Kerry Faults Bush on Iraq, Draws Heckler
> MIKE GLOVER
> Associated Press
>
> NEW YORK - Democrat John Kerry faulted President Bush for a
> unilateral approach toward Iraq that has created greater dangers for
> the U.S. military, but the presidential candidate was heckled
> Wednesday for failing to back the immediate withdrawal of American
> forces.

Advocating immediate withdrawal of the US troops from Iraq is utterly foolish and shortsighted. The US should not have invaded Iraq in the first place, but once they did, they have to deal with the consequences of that action. While acknowledging it may not be popular with the public, it is ate least an honest assessment of the reality. Heckling that strikes me as utterly naïve and childish - like a little brat screaming and stomping his feet because he wants it now.

Wojtek