[lbo-talk] Aspect of India'sEconReport:TheRealStateofIndia'sEconomy

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 19 05:01:18 PDT 2004

Chris said:

> I do think a community of post-Soviet states will exist; it will simply
not be like the EU. It will be Moscow-dominated and Russocentric (like
> the USSR and the Russian Empire)."

OK, my mistake. But what price/s (economic or otherwise) will Russia have to pay, to get the other ex-Soviet states to sign off on some kind of economic community?

> That said, I agree with the rest of what you wrote. Incidentally, if you
call Ukraine "the Ukraine" to a Ukrainian nationalist, you will probably > wind up with a black eye.

I'll bear the advice in mind *lol* Is there a particular reason for this, other than formality?

Grant.