[lbo-talk] Kerry for Assassination and Occupation

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Tue Apr 20 07:20:23 PDT 2004

At 9:52 AM -0400 20/4/04, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>MR. RUSSERT: On Thursday, President Bush broke with the tradition
>and policy of six predecessors when he said that Israel can keep
>part of the land seized in the 1967 Middle East War and asserted the
>Palestinian refugees cannot go back to their particular homes. Do
>you support President Bush?
>
>SEN. KERRY: Yes.
>
>MR. RUSSERT: Completely?
>
>SEN. KERRY: Yes.

I recall many years ago some activists printed up a poster which was simply a photo of a Federal Labor minister with some clown make-up superimposed over his face. Below this was a particularly stupid quote of the minister and above the banner headline: "HOW COULD YOU VOTE FOR THIS CLOWN?"

I can't recall the exact quote, but it wasn't as stupid as: "Yes. I completely support president Bush."

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas