[lbo-talk] Kons on about Kerrybot

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Apr 21 07:09:46 PDT 2004

This is great! The latest scandal heading our way is about Kerry's Purple Hearts. They want his records released because the cons believe that they'll indicate a guy who was using them to get out of service.

hee. I really don't think this will make Kerrybot look bad at all given how many people tried to evade service and how many people who, once they were there, didn't exactly go at it gung ho. It would be nice if the democrats would finally get a clue about this sort of crap. Do what the Republicans do: ignore it, talk as if it's no big deal, move on. Always seems to me that democrats' biggest hang up is they're enamored of self-flagellation, falling all over themselves to apologize when republicans uncover a scandal, desperate to not look like hypocrites, etc. It's pretty pathetic. What accounts for this ya think?

<quote>

The last PH was for a "contusion" -- at least that's how someone described it. What, did he fall down during a firefight and get a boo-boo on his arm? Remember that he put himself in for at least two of the Purple Hearts. Normally, as you know, it sort of comes "automatically" -- they are based on the medical logs or whatever. His "wounds," although technically deserving of the PH, weren't enough of a deal to have the docs award it. And, as you know, it doesn't have to be a very big deal.

No, it's clear what went on: he knew that three PH's got you out of theater, and his objective was to get them as quickly as possible. How many guys did you know that (1) served only four months in Vietnam and/or (2) got three Purple Hearts, and weren't shot to shit?

</quote>