[lbo-talk] Prezdinet's Press Comfrence: Get Your War On Snobbery (was: Yoshie's Pet Peeve Blitzkrieg)

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 09:13:19 PDT 2004

At 11:46 AM 4/22/2004, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>Kerry supporters' self-defeating snobbery toward the mythical Middle
>America and the South (which overlap in their imagination):

ah come on. getting on people for being snobs is my job! even so, i just LURV'D this one from Get Your War On. Really, one of the reasons why any of this "works" is because the fookin' right wing populists have got the conservatives' manties in such a twist, every time they don't like something you have to say, they accuse you of hanging out in art galleries and drinking "expresso" (sic).

I found it hard to pick out my favorite lines from Get Your War On (More on). Toss up between this:

"No, NO! You didn't make fun of the ranch in Crawford, TX? Typical East Coast Elitist!"

"East Coast elitist? Fuck it. Sure, is that what you call it? Fine. I'm from New York City. I can actually think on my feet. I can string two fuckin' sentences together without notes. and I could answer some motherfucker's questions about a war without just spitting out eleven different permutations of the same "goo gah freedom" phrase! So, sue me--that makes me elitist? Good! If 'elitist' just means "not the dumbest motherfucker in the room," I'll be an elitist."

heh.

and this:

"You think just because the words are garbled in his mouth, they're garbled in his mind?"

"Hell yes I think they're garbled in his mind. His mind is like one of those spinning cages where you pull out the winning lottery numbers. But there's only four little balls in his cage: "Freedom" "Democracy" "Terror" and "Stay the course". He opens his mouth, one of the balls drops out.

That's not a conversation, that's Keno."

HA!!

http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war34.html

Kelley