[lbo-talk] Fw: [MPARENT7777] Awaken the suicidal American left!

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 22 10:22:20 PDT 2004

-----Forwarded Message----- From: Let's Make Change <nasf_reachout at yahoo.ca> Sent: Apr 21, 2004 8:36 PM To: jmparent7777 at yahoogroups.com Subject: [MPARENT7777] Awaken the suicidal American left!

April 21, 2004 My What Would Chomsky Do? By Stephen Gowans http://www3.sympatico.ca/sr.gowans/penpals.html

I'm in the grips of a malaise. Maybe it's because I'm surfeited of American Leftists inventing laughable reasons to justify a vote for the Democrats. And maybe it's because I keep going over the same ground, and all that happens is that the Leftists-for-Kerry crowd just develops ever more elaborate justifications to hold a gun to their heads and pull the trigger. Normally, I'd say, if that's what they want to do, let them, but since the continued destruction of the US Left by its own hand has enormous implications for the rest of the world, it's no small matter. Said one member of the suicide squad: "I have said--at the risk of having my leftie-credentials pulled--that we cannot stay out of electoral politics." Since this stands as a kind of oblique "Go Kerry Go!" speech, I'd say the card carrying lefty is more at risk of having his credentials pulled as the owner of fully-functioning brain. <SNIP>

Later on he says (btw, Gowans is yet another signer of the "Free Solobodan Milosevic, " petition of the ICDSM) that between listening to Celine Dion and Leonard Cohen, he would pass on Cohen. Jeesh.

Michael Pugliese