[lbo-talk] Re: The Sex Police Are At It Again

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 23 08:55:46 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Below is the link for the whole article, but I found this section chilling:

"The focus on the San Fernando Valley's pornography industry, which is said to generate several billion dollars a year, comes on the heels of renewed efforts to regulate and monitor bathhouses where men meet to have sex, often anonymously. County officials were aghast last month when a study financed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 11 percent of customers at two bathhouses in Los Angeles tested positive for H.I.V. Officials are considering requiring testing at bathhouses for H.I.V. and other sexually transmitted diseases."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/22/national/22PORN.html

I am sure Bush/Nader with their fetish about pornography (such a weird fetish to have when there are so many more fun ones LOL) will endorse the crack down.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister