[lbo-talk] China, Russia agree on key issues - Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 05:34:00 PDT 2004

A couple days late, but anyway...China, Russia agree on key issues - Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing

BEIJING. April 20 (Interfax-China) - China and Russia hold "identical or similar positions" on all key international issues, are developing their trade, and have a tight 2004 schedule for political contacts, said Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing, who is due to visit Moscow on April 21-23.

"Quite recently, the minister of foreign affairs of the Russian Federation, Sergei Lavrov, handed me a letter in which he noted that 'Russian-Chinese relations have reached their peak at present in their entire history, which spans many centuries.' I completely share his assessment," Li told Interfax in an exclusive interview.

http://www.interfax.ru/e/B/0/29.html?mode=9&title_style=exclus&others=2&id_issue=9691759