[lbo-talk] Howard Fineman: Why Nader Is So Good For Bush

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 12:50:31 PDT 2004

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4806524/

"Nader. I went to see him at a breakfast with reporters the other day, and expected to see a doddering fellow ready for the retirement home. Nothing could be further from the truth. Still sharp and energetic — and still possessed of his radar-like ability to hone in on the faults of the corporate/political establishment — Nader is a dagger pointed straight at the Kerry campaign. In the Washington Post poll, for example, he draws six points in a three-way match, compared with 48 for Bush and 44 for Kerry. Nader insists that he will draw equally from Democrats and Republicans; I don’t see it. And with Kerry taking a carefully modulated line on Iraq (made necessary by his $87 billion vote), Nader is free to be the Peace Candidate and the all-out anti Big Business candidate, too."