[lbo-talk] Juan Cole Answers "The Questions of Christopher Hitchens"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 25 19:35:05 PDT 2004

[We're repeating ourselves. We've been around on this point before: see the following from two years ago. --CGE]

Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 21:24:55 -0500 From: C. G. Estabrook <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Brad DeLong wrote:

> Do you really think that the Taliban needed *evidence* from *us* to
> tell them what Al-Qaeda was up to?

Of course not. Their actions were completely outside civilized practice. They should have followed the example we set: whenever any other country asks for one of our international terrorists, we give him up right away, no questions asked, because we know what he's been doing... --CGE