[lbo-talk] Re: War and Peace

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 26 09:38:43 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Chris Doss asks and answers:

"How many Americans even have an international passport? Relatively few."

I wonder what reasonably verifiable conclusions can be drawn from this answer (if indeed it is true).

My husband and myself have no need for passports at the moment since we cannot afford a trip out of the country at this time. We have both travelled abroad (he more extensively than I as a musician when he was in school), but current finances permit only the most modest of journeys (until recently he was one of the 50% of black men who were unemployed in New York City. Being gay and non-passable made securing work even more difficult. He was unemployed for over a year).

Also, for a queer couple travel abroad in pre-liberatory countries can be not only dull, but dangerous. The hostility we both have encountered can be very intense.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister