[lbo-talk] Wimps on LBO

nathanne at nathannewman.org nathanne at nathannewman.org
Tue Apr 27 05:40:53 PDT 2004

Geez-- how many times on LBO have people railed against "labor bureaucrats"? Complained about lack of union democracy? Demanded the labor movement launch some broad organizing drive?

So SEIU opens a site soliciting comments on its largest new organizing effort, targetting the Wal-Marts of the country, and I've only seen one LBOer post over at the SEIU site.

Don't you have the guts to tell Andy Stern at SEIU directly what's wrong with his leadership and how to do his job better? I know for a fact he's reading the comments section, so why not take your complaints about the labor leadership, or better yet, your alternative plan for union success, directly to the community discussing the issue?

So go to http://www.fightforthefuture.org/blog/ and give Andy Stern and SEIU's leadership a piece of your mind. If you have the guts to make your criticisms directly.

Nathan