[lbo-talk] Norman Geras on the morality of the just war.

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Thu Apr 29 13:24:08 PDT 2004

From: "Charles Brown" >
>. If we could find a term stronger than
> "terrorism" for U.S. conduct...

yes ? then we could neatly define and pigeonhole the actions and continue with this stupid debate. We can scrabble around making up definitions and playing word games but fuck it. The US government doesn't give a shit about the Iraqis but what your missing is the US govnmt doesn't give a shit about it's citizens either. There is a small elite who are not in harms way and are making a bundle,this war is grunt on grunt and won't affect the outcome of the last Friends episode If the Bush's are so close to the Suadi royal family why didn't they influence the Saudis to become the beacon of modern democracy in the middle east, why ,after liberating Kuwait didn't we 'enforce' democracy there. Speaking of which Iraq has a stronger claim to Kuwait than jews have to Palestine. Osama isn't a mean evil man, he's a freedom fighter who has seen how the US wages wars and has retaliated in his own time and place, I don't need to list the atrocities perpetrated by the US over the years, that someone should hit back was simply a matter of time. The rest of the world isn't anti american because they can't get cable tv, they are anti american because they are the victims and have seen and felt the hypocrisy and lies. Go to Hamburg and see the memorial to those who died in the firebombings, died, too simple and clean, melted to the sidewalks, the war was already won, why ?? and we sit here today discussing the latest fiasco like a bunch of fuckwits, clapping hands with glee over the latest egg on the face-tut tut. When the election was stolen in Florida did you' live free or die 'or just take another burger. Is Al Gore guilty of treason in his acquiescence, why didn't he stand and fight, or did he just show his true colours. When the police in Miami, Philadelphia, NYC use thug tactics on peaceful legal demonstrators what do you do, buy another T shirt?

Gary? ride si sapis